Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reading/Listening Suggestions

Brewing Network Cambridge Brewing Session 11/22/09

I'm going to try and make a regular thing of posting some book, article or podcast suggestions along with some quick comments on why I find the selection interesting. I'm thinking I'll try to post my suggestions around the middle of the week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdayish). You'll notice a lot of my podcast suggestions will come from the Brewing Network This is mostly because, well, I listen to them a lot. I'm trying to expand my beer podcast listening, but I haven't really found any that I like as well (suggestions?). I know the BN's brand of humor isn't for everyone and their shows can be on the long side, so I'll probably make a habit of posting the exact time that the interview I'm talking about starts in the recording.

This weeks suggestion is from the Brewing Network's interview with Will Meyer from the Cambridge Brewing Co. The entire interview is pretty good, Will talks about their seasonal pumpkin ale and some of his and the brewpub's history, but the section that I found most interesting was about Cerise Cassée. Cerise Cassée is a sour mashed beer blended with tart cherries and aged in a solera system. Will talks about his unique anerobic sour mash technique and barrel cellar. To hear only this section of the interview, download the podcast and fast forward to 01:28:00

No comments:

Post a Comment